Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What's going on these days...

Baby's just a little bit tired of the city,
Billboards and bull**** got her down,
Seem like you need a little hill country,
A Little back roads driving, little bit of the old top down
Pat Green, Carry On
That pretty much sums me up right now. I need some back roads driving and quality time with some good friends. And, conveniently, I'm getting ready to head home for a mini vacation. My last visit was in July, and I am a tiny bit homesick. I get to see all my grandparents and, of course, my Mama and my sister and my bffs and just be my Red Dirt Girl self for a few days.

Ahhh....

Furthermore, Miss Bella is anxious to see her cousins Bo and Lucy and her bff Izzie and run wild and crazy. I'll probably be right there running crazy with her.

So what's been going on in Nashville lately? Well... the weather is amazing. Crisp and perfect, for the most part. People around here drive like, for lack of a better word, idiots. There's a pretty great batting cage a little ways down the road. My Hype and Holler friend and I checked it out the other day. It's perfect for blowing off steam and remembering the good ole softball days. We also discovered Sweet CeCe's. Don't go there if you're trying to lose weight. It won't help. Two zoo tickets are hanging on my calendar. I need to use them soon. I love the zoo. Work is... work? We do have some exciting books recently out and coming out soon: The Grace of God by Andy Stanley, Permission to Speak Freely by Anne Jackson, Heaven Is for Real by the Burpos.

I started reading The Rent Tent by Anita Diamant. "Wow" is what I have to say about that. I really like it. It's provocative and informative and just plain interesting. And I've only finished chapter one so far! I'll let you know what I think of the overall book when I finish.

And... that's about all I have for now.

Oh wait! My coworkers think I'm obsessed with Miranda Lambert, so I may as well give her another shout out :) She really is pretty awesome. And, in my opinion, she sounds just like Loretta Lynn.

[[Miranda video]]

Y'all come back, y'hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment