Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 Goals - NOT Resolutions.

Allow me to be clear: these are not New Year's Resolutions. They are personal goals. Resolutions are cliche and forgotten after a month - if they last that long. Goals are what we set up for ourselves when we have a desire to grow in specific areas of life. Goals are doable and achievable, and they must be sincere to be so. I have achieved some notable goals in 2010 - goals that were not New Year's Resolutions and some that were not even planned. Nevertheless, I am proud to have accomplished them.

I started a budget and have maintained it pretty well. I obtained a full-time position. I returned to paying my tithes. I am 85% financially independent from my parents. I adopted Miss Bella. I've enjoyed a successful and blessed year in 2010!

So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2011:

I will . . .
  1. Find and regularly attend a church. This is something I've been intending to do for a year and a half now. I am determined to succeed. My grandmothers will appreciate this.
  2. Conquer the budget and some other financial goals, but they're private unless you are my wonderful financial advisor.
  3. Exercise at least three days every week for a minimum of 30 minutes. Basically, I want to get back down to my ideal weight, which I'm not telling you because I'm a woman, and we don't do that.
  4. Balance out and reduce the zebra print. So please stop buying it, Mother.
  5. Break the coffee addiction. That's right. I need to stop drinking coffee. I heard it increases stress levels and does all sorts of other bad things to you. This will be a challenge . . . as I take sip. Lord, help us all.
  6. Learn to cook and do it, thus saving some food money and attaining a feeling of accomplishment and self respect in the kitchen.
  7. Now for the big one. The whopper. By the end of December 2011, I will trade in my current vehicle for a new, more fuel efficient one that is a breeze to park. Possibly a Hyundai.
These are my goals for 2011. I will succeed. I am determined and quite stubborn.

Do you have any goals you hope to achieve by this time next year?

1 comment:

  1. Actually one of your goals is one of mine. Your 1st one. :) I have found this awesome church that I want to go to. I am not sure what denomination you are or if you are of one, but if you would like I can send you the info on it.

    I had to cut out all caffeinated beverages from my diet. I won't lie, the first two weeks or so are kind of like hell. But, after you actually feel better. Make sure you replace that with a lot of water. Drinking one and a half to two liters a day will help you keep toxins flushed out and make your skin look amazing. :)

    Some of my goals are:
    - Keep helping lil Matthew from Texas to make his every wish come true.

    - To make something happen with my blog.

    - To get healthy enough that my body will finally go into remission again so that I can return to work.

    - To help others with my condition find peace and see the light at the end of that dark tunnel. :)

    Love your blog, Jodi! You are an awesome girl! And I have every ounce of faith that you will acheive all of these goals and more.

    ReplyDelete