Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Miss Bella, the one & only

Basically, I adore this dog. If you know her (and are not allergic to dogs), you probably do too. You should, anyway. Bella is one of a kind. Here is our story.

It all started when my status changed from intern to full-time employee, and I knew I could actually afford a pet. I dreamed about it day and night. Finally, this desire got the better of me. I worked out a pro/con list in every angle and thought about what I wanted in an indoor pet that will be with me forever. Girl... 50 pounds or less... Sweet-tempered... Intelligent... No obvious health conditions... At least two years old (NOT a puppy)

I searched the Internet for places to look and wrote down information about two or three to visit on a Saturday.

February 27, 2010 I went looking. The first place I went only had puppies and only a few. I fell in love with one of the little girls. But I stuck to my guns and walked out without her.

Then I trucked all the way across Nashville to the Petco in Bellevue for an adoption event held by Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue. I got there a little before they technically opened and chatted with some of the folks setting up.

And then I saw this:
[[first pic of B]]

Precious. Sweet. Black and White. Small. Girl. Two years old.

"Can I take her home with me today??"

I really did walk away and think about what I might be about to do. Then I filled out the application and talked with the head lady. She approved me. Yay!!

I bought some neccessities, and Miss Bella and I went home.

Bella had been rescued only a week before that Saturday when I found her. One of the Petco employees happened to be in the right place at the right time and took her away from some boys who were hitting her with sticks. Just thinking about that makes me angry. How could someone do that to such a sweet, submissive dog?

She was shy for a little while, but we have gotten used to each other. Today we are very happy together. I love Miss Bella with all my heart and am so thankful to Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue and that Petco employee who brought her into my life.

A wise man regards the life of his beast.
Proverbs 12:10 KJV

Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment