Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ran Fan Rendezvous 2011

This may surprise you, but I've only seen Miranda Lambert in person three times. Once at Billy Bob's, once in Huntsville, and today at the Ran Fan Rendezvous 2011 (her fan club party). Number four is coming up next month, and I'll be with some of my favorite people in one of my favorite places. :) Come rain or shine, we're gonna have a blast!

The fan club party today was good. It was my first fan club party, and I went by myself. None of my friends are as crazy about Miranda as I am. Sad, I know. But I met two Canadian ladies who sat at my table.

We had lunch, and Miranda played five of her songs with her pink guitar. Then she called up the Pistol Annies. They're awesome. Their first single "Hell on Heals" just released on their website this afternoon, and they had their first band photo available at the merchandise table. I bought one. Hippie Annie and Holler Annie signed it. And I got my picture taken with them. :)


I'm sad to say that I was a little disappointed in the Miranda part of the party. Her acoustic performance was great; I loved hearing Ran sing live. But the "meet & greet" wasn't so much a "meet & greet" as a "Y'all-line-up-Don't-bring-your-cameras-Dude-will-take-two-shots-Then-move-on!" kind of deal. So, being the reserved, polite girl that I am, I didn't get a chance to even say hello to Miranda when our group of three suddenly turned into ten random strangers in our photo before dude snapped two quick photos and shooed us away. She didn't sign anything. That was it.

I'd been so excited about meeting her for weeks and weeks, and that was just disappointing.

But I did get to meet two of the Pistol Annies and take a picture with them and get their autographs. I'm definitely glad I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment