Sunday, September 11, 2011

To Jump or Not to Jump?

Life was rolling along pretty smoothly until that day Bella and I went for a joy ride a couple weeks ago. We ended up at a detour sign because the road we wanted to travel was closed for construction. And there it was. All shiny and new and beckoning: a brand-new community with townhouses for sale.

Of course we turned in to look around. It doesn't hurt to look. It was pretty. Then there was the office, and they were open, so I went in to . . . satisfy my curiosity. Now, both of my parents have visited to check out the area and offer their insights. They both agree that it's a good deal, doable, but completely up to me.

So now I'm faced with this huge, grown-up decision: to buy a townhouse or not to buy a townhouse?

I'm a pretty responsible girl. I've been living in Nashville on a tight budget for two years now. I have a good job that I love with amazing coworkers, and I don't anticipate moving away any time in the foreseeable future. There are so, so many factors to weigh in this, the biggest purchase I would ever make in my entire life. No pressure.

The pro/con list is trucking right along. The friends and colleagues are offering their advice, insights, and stories. I am well aware that "just because you can doesn't mean you should."

I have around 50 days to make a final decision. Your prayers are extremely appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment